A powder for preparing an enriched calories & protein orange drink. Eeasly prepared with water. Suitable if the patient need extra calories & protein. Parve.
Main nutritional ingredients in Hadassa Juice:
Egg Protein (biological value 100) – Contains all the amino acids the body needs, including the essential amino acids that the body cannot synthesize autonomously. In addition, the ratio between the amino acids in the egg protein enables maximal absorption and maximal utilization for building proteins. 1
Canola Oil – Contains a relatively large quantity of monounsaturated fat (omega 3) which assists in decreasing the cholesterol and the triglycerides in the blood, aids in lowering blood pressure, reduces oxidation of LDL cholesterol and thus helps to prevent atherosclerosis and heart diseases. 2,3
Fructose – A monosaccharide with an average glycemic index of 19. Blood glucose levels rise more moderately when foods containing fructose are consumed, in comparison with sucrose or glucose. 4,5
Hadassa Juice traits:
• A serving of 3 measuring spoons of Hadassa Juice powder provides 244 Kcal and approx. 8.1 g of protein.
• Orange and Strawberry-Banana flavors.
• Lactose free
• Marketed in 1 kg packages • Kosher Badatz • Parve
Blend well the 3 scoops of Hadassa Juice powder with 1 glass of water (200 ml), and serve.
1) L.K. Mahan, S Escott-stump 2004. 11th ed. Krause’s Food, Nutrition and Diet therapy. Nutrition basics. p 62-68. Elsevier (USA)
2) L.K. Mahan, S Escott-stump 2004. 11th ed. Krause’s Food, Nutrition and Diet therapy. Appendix 46. p 1245. Elsevier (USA)
3) Hu FB et al. Types of dietary fat and risk of coronary heart disease: a critical review. J Am Coll Nutr. 2001; vol. 20; No. 1: 5-19
4) L.K. Mahan, S Escott-stump 2004. 11th ed. Krause’s Food, Nutrition and Diet therapy. Nutrition Basics; Appendix 54. p 1271 Elsevier (USA).
5) Commission regulation (EU) No 5536/2013, 11 June 2013, Amending regulation (EU) No 432/2012 establishing a list of permitted health claims made on foods other than those referring to the regulation of disease risk and to children’s development and health; Official Journal of the European Union.
1 serving size contains:
244 Kcal and approx. 8.1 g of protein
Orange and Strawberry-Banana flavors
Nutritional values in Hadassa Juice – orange flavored:
|Nutritional values||Per 100 g of powder||Serving size
3 measuring spoons
|of which saturated fat (g)||1.0|
Ingredients: Maltodextrin, fructose, egg protein, refined canola oil, soluble nutritional fibers, citric acid, Calcium phosphate ,emulsifiers (soy lecithin), flavors.
Allergens: Contains eggs. May contain: milk, soy, gluten (wheat), sesame seeds.
The product comes with a measuring spoon.