Hadassa Shake 0% Lactose
Powder for preparing an enriched lactose free shake.
Suitable for people who require extra calories and protein. Parve.
Main nutritional ingredients in Hadassa Shake 0% Lactose:
Egg Protein (biological value 100) – Contains all the amino acids the body needs, including the essential amino acids that the body cannot synthesize autonomously. In addition, the ratio between the amino acids in the egg protein enables maximal absorbtion and maximal utilization for building proteins. 1
Canola Oil – Contains a relatively large quantity of monounsaturated fat (omega 3) which assists in decreasing the cholesterol and the triglycerides in the blood, aids in lowering blood pressure, reduces oxidation of LDL cholesterol and thus helps to prevent atherosclerosis and heart diseases. 2,3
Fructose – A monosaccharide with an average glycemic index of 19. Blood glucose levels rise more moderately when foods contaning fructose are consumed, in comparison with sucrose or glucose. 4,5
Hadassa Shake 0% Lactose traits:
• A serving of 4 measuring spoons of Hadassa Shake 0% Lactose powder provides 440 Kcal and approx. 8 g of protein.
• Comes in a variety of flavors: vanilla, chocolate, coffee, strawberry, neutral.
• The powder can be used to prepare an enriched shake or be combined into different foods (such as: porridge, juice, fruit puree etc.).
• Marketed in 1 kg packages • Kosher Badatz • Parve
1) For preparing an enriched shake: add 1 glass of water (200ml) to 4 measuring spoons of Hadassa Shake 0% Lactose powder, blend well and serve.
2) As an addition to food: add 1-4 measuring spoons of Hadassa Shake 0% Lactose powder (according to serving size) to a variety of foods, for instance: porridge, juice, fruite puree and more (see pictures and recipes).
Hadassa Shake 0% Lactose can be served as an addition to meal or in-between meals.
1) L.K. Mahan, S Escott-stump 2004. 11th ed. Krause’s Food, Nutrition and Diet therapy. Nutrition basics. p 62-68. Elsevier (USA).
2) L.K. Mahan, S Escott-stump 2004. 11th ed. Krause’s Food, Nutrition and Diet therapy. Nutrition Basics, p 54-55; Appendix 46. p 1245 Elsevier (USA).
3) Hu FB et al. Types of dietary fat and risk of coronary heart disease: a critical review. J Am Coll Nutr. 2001; vol. 20; No. 1: 5-19.
4) L.K. Mahan, S Escott-stump 2004. 11th ed. Krause’s Food, Nutrition and Diet therapy. Nutrition Basics; Appendix 54. p 1271 Elsevier (USA).
5) Commision regulation (EU) No 5536/2013, 11 june 2013, Amending regulation (EU) No 432/2012 establishing a list of permitted health claims made on foods other than those referring to the regulation of disease risk and to children’s development and health; Official Journal of the European Union.
1 serving size contains: 440 Kcal and approx. 8 g of protein
Vanilla, Chocolate, Coffee, Strawberry, Banana, Neutral
Nutritional values in Hadassa Shake 0% Lactose – vanilla flavored:
|Nutritional values||Per 100 g of powder||Serving size
4 measuring spoons
|1 measuring spoon|
|of which saturated fat (g)||1.9|
|Cholesterol (mg)||Less then 2.5|
Ingredients: Maltodextrin, refined canola oil , fructose, egg protein, thickening agent: modified starch, xanthan & guar gum, flavors.
The product comes with a measuring spoon.
One measuring spoon contains approx. 22 g of powder which has:
approx. 110 Kcal and approx. 2 g of protein.