A powder for preparing an energy enriched snack.
Suitable for people who need extra calories in their diet and are limited with dietary protein & electrolytes.
A good enrichment solution for people with swallowing disorders.
Main nutritional ingredients in Puddimix Pre-D:
Whey Protein (biological value 104) – Contains a large number of essential amino acids, including branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) that provide the muscle with available energy and are an important factor in the renewal of tissues. Whey protein contains a high concentration of cysteine and methionine which improve the function of the immune system by transforming into glutathione which is a natural antioxidant of the body. 1,2
Canola Oil – Contains a relatively large quantity of monounsaturated fat (omega 3) which assists in decreasing the cholesterol and the triglycerides in the blood, aids in lowering blood pressure, reduces oxidation of LDL cholesterol and thus helps to prevent atherosclerosis and heart diseases. 3,4
Fructose – A monosaccharide with an average glycemic index of 19. Blood glucose levels rise more moderately when foods contaning fructose are consumed, in comparison with sucrose or glucose. 5,6
Puddimix Pre-D traits:
• A serving of 3 full measuring spoons of Puddimix Pre-D powder provides 470 Kcal and approx. 5 g of protein.
• Comes in a variety of flavors: vanilla, chocolate, coffee, strawberry, banana.
• The powder can be used to prepare an enriched Pudding.
• Marketed in 1 kg packages • Kosher Badatz • Milchig-Cholov Yisroel
1) For preparing an enriched pudding: add 1/2 glass of water (100 ml) to 3 full measuring spoons of puddimix Pre-D powder, mix well and serve.
Puddimix Pre-D can be served as an addition to a milchig meal or in-between meals.
1) Marshall K. Therapeutic applications of whey protein. Alter. Med, review. 2004; vol. 9; No. 2: 136-156.
2) Jay R., Hoffman & Michael J., Falvo. Protein – which is best? Journal of Sports Science and Medicine (2004), Vol 3, 118-130.
3) L.K. Mahan, S Escott-stump 2004. 11th ed. Krause’s Food, Nutrition and Diet therapy. Nutrition Basics, p 54-55; Appendix 46. p 1245 Elsevier (USA).
4) Hu FB et al. Types of dietary fat and risk of coronary heart disease: a critical review. J Am Coll Nutr. 2001; vol. 20; No. 1: 5-19.
5) L.K. Mahan, S Escott-stump 2004. 11th ed. Krause’s Food, Nutrition and Diet therapy. Nutrition Basics; Appendix 54. p 1271 Elsevier (USA).
6) Commision regulation (EU) No 5536/2013, 11 june 2013, Amending regulation (EU) No 432/2012 establishing a list of permitted health claims made on foods other than those referring to the regulation of disease risk and to children’s development and health; Official Journal of the European Union.
1 serving size contains:
470 Kcal and approx. 5 g of protein
Vanilla, Chocolate, Coffee, Strawberry, Banana
Nutritional values in Puddimix Pre-D – vanilla flavored:
|Nutritional values||Per 100 g of powder||Serving size|
3 full measuring spoons
|of which saturated fat (g)||2.6|
Ingredients: refined canola oil, fructose, Maltodextrin, skim milk powder, thickening agent: modified starch, xanthan & guar gum, Whey protein (contains lactose), flavors.
The product comes with a measuring spoon.