Shokodur Powder for preparing enriched chocolate balls.
Shokodur KID – High calorie & protein.
Shokodur – High protein & calorie.
Main nutritional ingredients in Shokodur:
Whey Protein (biological value 104) – Contains a large number of essential amino acids, including branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) that provide the muscle with available energy and are an important factor in the renewal of tissues. Whey protein contains a high concentration of cysteine and methionine which improve the function of the immune system by transforming into glutathione which is a natural antioxidant of the body. 1,2
Canola Oil – Contains a relatively large quantity of monounsaturated fat (omega 3) which assists in decreasing the cholesterol and the triglycerides in the blood, aids in lowering blood pressure, reduces oxidation of LDL cholesterol and thus helps to prevent atherosclerosis and heart diseases. 3,4
• A portion of 2 balls of Shokodur provide 300 kcal & 10 g of protein.
• A portion of 2 balls of Shokodur KID provide 300 kcal & it is protein free.
• Easy to prepare. Only mix with water to get a unique and tasty enrichment.
• Chocolate flavor.
• Marketed in 1 kg packages • Kosher Badatz
• Shokodur Milchig-Cholov Yisroel • Shokodur KID Parve
1) For preparing enriched chocolate balls: Add 2 teaspoons of water (10 ml) to 3 scoops of Shokodur / Shokodur KID, knead the mixture well, halve the dough, and roll. The balls can be covered with coconut / candies / cocoa powder.
1) Marshall K. Therapeutic applications of whey protein. Alter. Med, review. 2004; vol. 9; No. 2: 136-156.
2) Jay R., Hoffman & Michael J., Falvo. Protein – which is best? Journal of Sports Science and Medicine (2004), Vol 3, 118-130.
3) L.K. Mahan, S Escott-stump 2004. 11th ed. Krause’s Food, Nutrition and Diet therapy. Nutrition Basics, p 54-55; Appendix 46. p 1245 Elsevier (USA).
4) Hu FB et al. Types of dietary fat and risk of coronary heart disease: a critical review. J Am Coll Nutr. 2001; vol. 20; No. 1: 5-19.
Nutritional values in Shokodur & Shokodur KID:
|Nutritional values||Per 100 g of Shokodur||Per 100 g of Shokodur KID|
|of which saturated fat (g)||2.7||2.1|
Ingredients in Shokodur: Sugar, refined canola oil, Whey protein (contains lactose), modified starch, Maltodextrin, flavors, fibers.
Ingredients in Shokodur KID: Sugar, refined canola oil, Maltodextrin, modified starch, cocoa powder, fibers, flavors.
The product comes with a measuring spoon.